THE NUTS & BOLTS OF INSURANCE FOR NON-PROFITS
A well thought out insurance program is a vital part of running a nonprofit organization. Learn the essentials of insurance for nonprofits with this complimentary guide.
IS YOUR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION PROTECTED?
Latest Blog Posts
- How to Handle Nonprofit Risk Management - Nonprofits differ from for-profit organizations in several ways - some more subtle than others. Yet all businesses are exposed to a number of risks. Every business, no matter its aims, has a unique risk profile. Unlike their for-profit counterparts, many
- How Do Employment Practices Apply to Volunteers? - Many nonprofits rely on volunteers in addition to paid employees to achieve their goals. However, nonprofits should take pains to understand what the true legal difference is between these two types of workers. The simple difference is that employees are
- Is Your Nonprofit Making These Budget Mistakes? - Many individuals start a nonprofit to solve a social problem. However, having passion for a cause is not enough to guarantee success. Building a prosperous nonprofit from the ground up is not for the faint of heart. While nonprofits often
- How to Decide If Your Nonprofit Needs D&O Insurance - Insurance can be expensive, and after investing in general liability, workers’ compensation, errors and omissions (E&O) insurance, and more, many nonprofits may be wondering if they really need directors and officers (D&O) insurance. The short answer is yes. Here are
- How to Overcome the Biggest Challenges in HR for Nonprofits - It's true that nonprofits function in several different ways than their for-profit counterparts. However, when it comes to human resources, the issues are similar. The biggest dissimilarity is nonprofits have less money and resources to manage them. Thankfully, this challenge
- Are You Doing Enough to Protect Your Volunteers? - People who volunteer often do so because they receive an emotional or practical benefit. While volunteers play a critical role in the operation of many nonprofit organizations, they do pose unique risks. As the shortage of reliable volunteers grows, nonprofits
- Improving Cyber Security for Nonprofit Organizations - Nonprofit leaders may think hackers have no interest in them, but this is a false assumption. Any organization that contains private data such as credit card numbers is at risk. In fact, any nonprofit that receives charitable donations represents a
- Four Often Unanticipated Reasons People Sue Nonprofits - Nonprofit leaders often invest in insurance as a means to mitigate risk, but this is not quite an accurate assessment. Insurance policies help manage the financial fallout following exposure to certain risks—it does, however, prevent them. Although combing through the
- Critical Strategies and Avoidable Pitfalls in Nonprofit Insurance Coverages - Nonprofits need insurance as part of their risk management strategy. However, buying insurance is not as simple as many organizations think. Nonprofits need to consider the risks specific to their mission and environment. Speaking with a knowledgeable insurance agent will
- Non Profit Risk Management in 2018 - Many nonprofits inadvertently overlook the risks that threaten their volunteers, workers, and organization as a whole. This is not to say nonprofits need be more vigilant than for-profit organizations; but rather that it's crucial to prepare for the risks unique
We understand the risks nonprofit organizations face. We will work with you to create a unique insurance program for your nonprofit organization so you can rest assured knowing you’re protected.